In an effort to make the Distinguished Service Award meaningful to the recipient and the Association, the 2018 Awards Committee has created the following set of guidelines. Any member can be nominated, but greatest consideration will be given to those who have distinguished themselves supporting the Minnesota Golf Course Superintendents Association. Date for submission is November 15th.
The required point total necessary to be considered for the MGCSA Distinguished Service Award can be a combination of any of the following. The minimum number of points necessary for the DSA Award is 25.
The Minnesota Golf Hall of Fame nominee must have previously attained the MGCSA DSA Award and fulfilled an additional 15 points beyond those previously acquired. DSA recipients prior to the establishment of the new criteria will require 15 additional points in any category based on Committee suggestion.
The Board of Directors and Awards Committee will be responsible for final decisions.
- Terms on the MGCSA BOD = 2 points per term, including officer position, 4 maximum
- Officer Position = 1 point per office elected
- Audubon Certification and re-certification = 2 points, 4 maximum
- ESI Award = 2 points maximum
- Support of the University of MN research plots = 2 points, 4 maximum
- Support of the GCSAA committee members = 2 points, 4 maximum
- GCSAA, MTGF and Allied Association BOD or committee role = 1 point per year, 3 maximum
- MGCSA Membership =1 point per decade
- Certification = 2 points then 1 per renewal, 5 maximum
- MGCSA event participation = 2 maximum
- Civic Community Service points =1 point for each position 3 maximum
- Mentor potential= 1 point per professional through superintendent class, 3 maximum
- Any MGCSA, GCSAA or industry Presentations =1 per presentation, 4 maximum
- Any MGCSA or GCSAA or industry articles written =1 per article, 3 maximum
- Completion of any MGCSA Environmental Initiative Packet = 3 points per packet
- Contribution to golf that can’t be anticipated = 5 points maximum
*** The Committee can assign any number of points to those individuals who do not have access to this point system due to placement in our industry. For example, educators and affiliate members.
Please provide your nomination to the Awards Committee through firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a list of nominee accomplishments and statement of recommendation. The award will be presented at the Annual Meeting during the Service Award recognition.