The Plaisted Companies Scholars Program is an achievement-based scholarship program. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact in their schools and communities. Three Plaisted Companies Scholars will be selected each year to receive a $500 to $1,500 scholarship. The Plaisted Companies Scholars Foundation proudly supports students graduating or attending in the 2018-2019 academic school year to apply here until March 15, 2019. Plaisted Companies, Inc. will dedicate $3,000 total per year towards our scholarship program.
We will be rewarding graduating high school seniors or eligible college students in the fields of, but not limited to:
- Golf Course Superintendents
- Truck Drivers
- Diesel Mechanics
- Heavy Equipment Operators
- Current high school (or home-schooled) student attending a school in Minnesota who will graduate during the 2018-2019 academic school year
- U.S. Citizens based on the guidelines utilized by the U.S. Department of Education for
Federal Financial Aid eligibility
- Will receive or have received a high school diploma during current academic year
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
Applicants may not be:
- International students
- Temporary residents
Before you Apply
We advise reading the information below before you start your application, so you can be fully prepared. High school seniors may apply here through March 15th, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. Central.
Important Items to Gather
- A high school transcript – There is no need to upload, email, mail, fax, or submit in any other fashion, a copy of your transcript. While completing the application, you will be asked to type in your specific grades since your freshman year and their course levels. Having your transcript nearby will help you fill in this information.
- A list of school and non-school related clubs and organizations in which you have participated since your freshman year as well as any corresponding leadership positions.
- A list of honors and awards that you received when participating in school and nonschool-related clubs and organizations and the level of each award (local, state, regional, or National/International) since your freshman year.
- A list of volunteer organizations with which you have served, and the number of hours served with each, plus any awards and honors that you have received for your participation since freshman year.
- A list of employment during school and during the summer.
Collecting this information will help you complete the online application. We do not request nor accept any supplemental information, including high school transcripts, letters of recommendation, essays, personal statements, head shots, or any other items outside of the online application. Any item mailed, emailed, or faxed to Plaisted Companies will be recycled.
Fill out the application below! We look forward to learning more about you.