Do you care about hiring 16 and 17 year olds?
On February 7th, 2019, House File Number 790 was introduced in the State of Minnesota House of Representatives. Why does this matter to you?
- · This house file will provide clarification to 16 and 17 year-old employees to operate push lawn mowers, self-propelled lawn mowers, ride-on lawn mowers, lawn trimmers, and weed cutters that are not currently permitted. These 16 and 17 year-old minors may then lawfully operate or assist in the operation of these machines.
- · The efforts made by the MGCSA in attending the Minnesota Day on the Hill have already impacted the initiative with the addition of a companion author in the Senate with Senate File 1805 for House File Number 790 on February 28th, 2019.
- · House File 790 authors are: Franson; Layman and Brand
- · Senate File 1805 Authors are: Hall; Anderson, B; Bigham; Pratt; Cwodzinski
- The files are going to Committee but NEED YOUR SUPPORT to be heard and passed.
Please phone your legislators in the House and Senate (typically you will leave a voice message as they are very busy, however their staff will weigh the calls) tell them you are a constituent and ask for their support of House File 790 or Senate File 1805.
Helpful links: Who Represents Me?